Journal #2


Journal #2


I'm running out of things to do. I try to play games with my brother, we played online games like modern warfare and the new warzone mode, but that was until our wifi stopped working. The games that need an internet connection become unplayable. That's why we started playing NHL but that's only fun for a bit since I won 14 out of 15 games. Winning became boring. Throughout the time we were playing video games, we also took bike rides, car rides and walks. But my parents became suspicious that we were leaving the house to see other friends, which we only did a few times, but now we have to argue our way to those privileges. We’re still allowed to go out but they now track us to find my iphone, it’s unfair. 

I used to always go to the skokie lagoons with my friends. Over the summer we followed a trail and then towards the end we turned and made our own trail which led to an opening and we moved wood logs in a circle for sitting. It was nice. Later in the summer, we went down a different trail and did the same thing except when we found an opening there was already a little hut made out of sticks and a cool, weak swing barley dangling from a tree. The swing’s still hanging though. Needless to say, I know the lagoons pretty well. However the other day I was biking down the trail and found a nice grass field right near the water. There were a few people but it was still really nice. The field was right off of the bike trail, I can't believe I haven't seen that field yet.      

Yesterday was kinda a miracle. Not only was it sunny but it was 77 degrees out at one point! I took advantage of this weather and spent the whole day outside and just came inside for my zoom meetings. I sat in lawn chairs with my sister for a majority of the day and listened to music while my dog chased squirrels in the backyard. My sister and I also went on a drive for practically the second half of the day. We drove down Sheridan and Forest way countless times. Until we remembered we always wanted to drive up the hill near the costco and target on willow. We weren't sure we were really allowed up since it was a golf course and country club, but we did anyway. When we got to the top it was insane. You could see the city from there. We walked my dog for a bit up there and finally came down. Of course this beautiful day had to end with a storm that sounded like hail. All in all, a pretty good day.

Comments

Popular Posts